LIFESTYLE// Being a Bridesmaid!

So reading through my drafts list on my blog I realised I hadn't posted this blog all the way from OCTOBER! I always look back on my Youtube and Blog for memories of special things that have happened in my life, and this day was one of those! So even though it is super late (please forgive me) I still wanted to post it! Hope you enjoy!

Ok so if you guys follow me on Instagram, you may have seen that I have posted images of me as a bridesmaid! On the 8th October I was Bridesmaid to my Cousin Jess, and her now Husband Jon! I thought I would do a little blog post about the day, although I didn't take many pictures due to having so much fun and being too busy!




I was so exited when Jess and Jon asked me to be their Bridesmaid as I have never been one before, and on the morning of the wedding, Jess gave me and the other Bridesmaid, Hester one of these Bridesmaid robes each. I think that is such a special gift and one that I will keep forever. This is a photograph of my hair for the day, I loved the style and I think Jess had great taste throughout the day (as you will see on this blog)





During the morning of the wedding both Myself, Hester and Jess all had our hair and makeup done professionally and I think that was such a nice touch. It was like a little relaxing pamper morning before the big day! I loved how my makeup and hair looked, Im definitely a makeup lover however Ive never had my makeup done professionally and loved every minute of it!




The theme of the wedding was Black and White, I have never seen a wedding with this colour scheme and I think it looks so timeless and classy! I mean how stunning is that CAKE! Jess worked so hard on hand making all of the decorations for this wedding and it all paid off and the room looked stunning!



If you know my family, you will know that we have a little bit of a sweet tooth, to say the least. So one of the ideas Jess had for the wedding was a candy cart (especially because we have a lot of little ones in our family). So my Uncle (Jess' Dad) built this amazing candy card from scratch - can we all take a minute to appreciate how amazing this all looks! Because I used to do textiles and can work a sewing machine, I built the roof for this candy cart and I think it all looks so special, something that I think everyone will remember! My Uncle did an amazing job.






I feel like I could write an entire blog post on how beautiful Jessica looked on her wedding day, we were all so excited to see her on the morning of the wedding that we all burst into tears when we saw her! The dress was so beautiful that I had to include it in this post, I mean look at the detailing! How special. 



I don't think I will ever forget how special this day was, I loved every moment of being bridesmaid and feel so lucky to have been a part of it!

Congratulations to Jessica and Jon, you make an amazing couple!

Sophie 
X

SOCIAL MEDIA: 
INSTAGRAM - sophie_kennerley
TWITTER - @smksmksmk
YOUTUBE - Sophies Escape




Comments

Popular Posts